I'm a quirky kind of gal. Which is a nice way to say, I'm a little weird. In fact I think somewhere deep down we are all, just a little bit weird. It's what makes us "special". You know the kind of special I mean, when you've got off the bus from school and cry into your mother's shoulder that the kids on the bus made fun of the fact that when you get nervous you stick your hands in your armpits and smell them, and she brushes the hair off your face and says, "Oh sweetheart, they're just jealous, that makes you special" * I don't do that, I'm just saying...
I'm just saying, that some of ya'll have been around these parts and don't know much about me. I spend hours writing about my girls, because well they are super fantastico and about Corey because hotness needs to be acknowledged. But me, well unless I'm complaining about being pregnant or sharing my pet peeves, I don't say much about me.
Since I'm out of things to write about today I figured, hey, let's pull out a list and share 5 weird facts.
5. I love McDonald's Big Extra burgers. I love every bit and I eat them in a circle around the center where I save a little tomato, pickle, burger, cheese and sauce for the very last bite. I only allow myself to have them as a treat because they are the cause of a 60lb weight gain in pregnancy #1 and without moderation I would now weigh 300lbs. And while I generally won't admit this, if I could eat them everyday without consequence, either in weight or health I would, they are that fantastic.
4. I can't stand the feel of whipped cotton. What's that you ask? It's the cotton used in many baby products, blankets, stuffies, etc, it's super soft, and snags on your fingers if your skin is try. Just the feeling makes me cringe and want to grind my teeth. Some of the things the girls were given made of this stuff never made it out of the box, I just couldn't do it.
3. I love the smell of lemon pledge and Pam cooking spray. I'd wear them as perfume if that wasn't completly strange and maybe a little gross.
2. I have never had one sip of alcohol. Not ever. It started out because I have a grandparent who was an alcoholic and I was afraid that I'd like it too much. I'm an all or nothing kind of girl and I was worried that I'd be all for it and wind up in trouble. I was and still am sometimes, very shy and I was worried that I would find alcohol would relax me in a group setting and then I would need it everytime I was out. I told myself I'd have some after I learned to be comfortable in my own skin. And while I've managed to deal with me in own skin I decided that I don't want to try it now. Add to that I'm unbelievably stubborn and you've got a girl who's never had a sip and who never has any intention too. I don't care if others around me drink as long as they are responsible about it, I just don't.
1. My heart is located on the right side of my body. It's called dextrocardia. It's a birth thing,(duh, I guess) that is extremely rare, and many people born with it have other organs switched around. Their lives are difficult, full of medical problems due to their organs being in the wrong places. I am fortunate beyond measure because all of my other organs are healthy and in their correct positions. I am one of the very rare in that department, God has been very good to me.
So, that's it about me. What about you? Tell me something about you that makes you unique, special or just plain weird.
*From the movie Superstar, with Molly Shannon. It's stupid, but funny*