Saturday, October 21, 2006

Wonderful Walmart

Ever noticed when you cross the threshold of a Walmart people's personalities seem to change? The most laid back, relaxed shopper all of a sudden becomes a maniac. Dodging in and out of aisles with little care to who is in their way and fighting for the last .69 kleenex box as if it's their last chance at life. And as if that isn't crazy enough you then have to wait in line for so long you can actually count the grey hairs that have grown since entering the store.
And when you finally do get to the front of the line you come across an over worked, frazzled empolyee who is on automatic repeat - "Hi, did you find everything you were looking for today?" and when heaven forbid the anser is "No, I didn't" the poor soul looks as if they are going to burst into tears. They aren't trained to handle that...orientation didn't go that far!
Now don't get me wrong. I too at times find myself aimlessly wandering the aisles at Walmart. Everyone loves a bargan and for somethings you absolutely can't beat the price! As far as the empolyees go, I know what it's like to work in a busy store at Christmas time...heck it's all I can do to remember to smile at each grumpy and snotty customer coming through my till. I make it through the season by repeating over and over in my head "Only ___ more days", I can't imagine that being my daily environment.
But what I want to know is where is the excuse for the insane shoppers flying around that store. The last 3 times I have ventured into a Walmart (now let's note that in my need for a bargan I chose to go on a Saturday...dumb I know) I have been attacked by a cart. 3 different people on different occasions have slammed into my calves, my hip and the latest...my ever expanding belly. Now I know it sticks out people but seriously...you manage to get around those gigantic displays that fill the aisles...I'm really not that big! And if you do happen to bump into someone just hall out some of that well mannered courtesy your mother ground into you and say "Oh! I'm so sorry!" :)
So to conclude my latest rant...if you are a Walmart shopper like most of us are, please, PLEASE try to chill. Relax, look around and be careful! Remember to look around each corner before you venture out, you never know who's on the other side. You might get assaulted or even by accident, assault someone else.
Happy shopping!

No comments: