Saturday, January 3, 2009

She's 2!

When you're a kid and someone says to you, "You're growing up so fast!" or "Time flies the older you get", your reaction in generally, "Yeah right!" As a small child and a teenager school seems to drag, summer never comes and the only thing that flies by is Christmas vacation.

Then the next thing you know you're an adult married, pregnant with your second child and looking at the little girl who only yesterday was your baby. Not only did she used to be the baby but we celebrated her 2nd birthday yesterday.

I could ask the cliched "Where does time go?" But the truth is, that time flies by because the memories are so precious, the moments so dear and child you are watching grow is changing in leaps and bounds.

In the last year we've watched Bethany transform from a baby to a toddler, from drool and signs to full sentences and a love for chocolate. Her mini 'Tude is quickly becoming a full blown 'Tude. One that although in need of tuning and molding is starting very much to resemble her Momma's 'Tude. I find it challenging at times, my Mom however finds it comical. Little does she know in a few years inevitably both my 'Tude and Bethany's will be directed at her :)

I'd love to write a super sentimental post today about my precious girl but the truth is I'm already a highly emotional pregnant woman, a sappy post might just push me over the top and leave my husband and daughter to sop up an ugly mess.

So for today, I'll leave you with my favorite Bethany pictures from this past year and say,

"Happy Birthday Baby Girl. You changed our worlds in ways we never imagined!"













Birthday Pictures to follow when I get up the gumption to edit them.

9 comments:

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Happy Birthday to you girl! What a fabulous group of pictures to showcase the last year :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday dear little Angel!!!! Love you so very much. Can't believe you are 2!!!

Love Grammy and Papa

Janice said...

yea time flies!! my "babies" are 5.5 already!! insane!

frewdaddy said...

Happy Birthday, Bethany!

Sherri said...

Wow, your kids are like the perfect age difference! That's great! How's the pregnancy coming? We're almost done, yahoo! Thank goodness, it's so hard to sleep already! Can't wait to hear about your baby news!

Angella said...

I know I'm late, but happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday little princess cant wait to see you again and very soon your sibling...(just in case it's still a secret what 'brand' of sibling 'it' is...

Grandpa & Nanny Sue

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
She is absolutely gorgeous.

Time does go so quickly, cliche or not. It's true.

My Grandma always told me not to wish my life away. I wish I had listed :)

Niki said...

Congrats on the new arrival! Can't wait for picture and the story when you and Audrey get settled!

Hugs to you and the new big sister too!