Saturday, October 4, 2008

We are soooo over it!

I get a phone call from my Mom today telling me that she had a "surprise" for me. Being the Curious George that I am, Corey, Bethany and I headed straight for her house to see what this surprise was.

Reading my blog and spending large amounts of time with me my wonderful Mother knew how much I was craving and dreading some cake and had found a solution - a small cupcake. She purchased 3 of them at the local bakery, 1 for me, 1 for Corey and 1 for Beth. I was so happy and nervous, what if I fell in love? (Good Mom or what?)

Anyways, we came home and waited until after supper to have our cupcakes. After tonight I have learned two very important things about cake/cupcakes.....




The Cupcake !

Notice it's size, not as large as most.


"Hmmm, this looks yummy!"

"What do you mean it's sticky?"

"No Dad, No Dad, Noooo" (said in whine)

"What would my inner artist do?"

"PAINT!" *

"Dip, Dip, Dip"
This is what happens when Mommy tries to sneak some on her tongue (she'd like it if she let in in her mouth I thought)

"NOOOOOO Mommy, Peachies, pees(please), Peachies!"


Peachies

"Waaaay better"

"MMM"


That's right folks, I learned that my daughter doesn't like cupcakes and icing. She wouldn't eat her birthday cake waaay back in January but we just chalked that up to the fact that she'd only been eating regular food for a short time. But this little girl, cried and fussed over the cupcake and begged for some canned peaches. Ok, fine by me. She loves veggies and will eat huge amounts of all of them including pickled asparagus but her sweet tooth is still there. As it goes in the Stone family, she will devour any flavor or amount of ice cream you give her. Like Father like daughter!

Secondly, tonight I discovered that I totally don't want cake any more. I'm not a super sweets kinda girl most times, I bake cookies for Corey once a week or so and can never have one and be fine with it. Unfortunately pregnant or not I love salty things, espcially the chips, we don't keep them in the house in order to prevent my constant noshing! Other than my brownies I can completely leave a plate of sweets and chocolate alone. My fears over having pregnacy addiction to the cake and repeating the brownie incident of 2006 were unfounded. It was good, but not thaaaat good!

So thanks Mom for the treat! It was yummy but I'll pass on having any more, I'm so over it. But now that you've fixed that what can you do about the hormonal emotions? sniff

*We don`t normally allow her to play with her food but sometimes, kids just have to be kids and have fun :) *


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Ashley,
It's great you got to have a little "treat". The cupcake sure did look good.
I absolutely LOVE the pictures of Bethany. A few of them got a good chuckle out of me!
Hope you are having a great weekend.

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Ha! Jack didn't like cake until he was over 2...there's still hope for her yet :-)

Janice said...

I'm always craving Steak and a loaded baked potatoe! Yum!! now i want one!