Friday, March 19, 2010

REBA!

Last night I did something really special.  Something that's left me all warm and fuzzy and with good memories for years to come.  I laughed, I cried, I sang, I did a seat dance, I had a blast!  And I did it all, without my handsome husband by my side.

"Wait, WHAT?!"

I know it was our anniversary yesterday and that the correct thing to do would have been anything with Corey to celebrate our love and our wedding and, well, blah, blah, blah.  But here's the thing, a few of them in fact.  First off, Corey missed our first anniversary to go to the States for some maniditory work training (which isn't his fault but I may slightly blame him for, in that kidding sort of way) and second, we are in love, and have children and don't need just one day to celebrate, believe it or not I'm just as in love with him today as I was yesterday and will probably still be running on the same stream of the love river tomorrow.  And third thanks to my amazing parents next weekend Corey and I are going away, over night alone!  A first in almost 2 years. 

Finally and most importantly.  Last night, in the great city of Abbotsford, Reba McEntire was in Concert and I got to go!!!!!

And I didn't go alone, I went with the woman responsible for my love of country and who has over the past 20 or so years sung along to many a Reba song with me, my Mom.

It was a wonderful evening, we laughed, we cried and we ate mini donuts.  Which, for your information are not as good in a concert venue as they are on a hot summer day walking around a fair ground, but I still enjoyed their sugary sweetness.

Last night was the kind of time together than my Mom and I needed.  I see her most days of the week because she's my buddy and because we work together.  But that whole working together thing has changed our relationship some.  Not in a bad way but more, because now she's not just my Mom and my friend she's also my Boss. 

And for those of you who were thinking, "Dude, she was your boss long before you worked for her" you are soooo wrong, I am the boss of me, and have been since about 3. 

If any of you are Reba fans and have watched the show, she had Barbara Jean (Melissa Peterman) a stand up comedian now, open for her.  Some of her jokes were funny, some, not so much.  But we had a good laugh.  Then she had Crystal Shawanda sang, wow that woman's got lungs.  It took be about 5 minutes to figure out how to say her name when I was reading our tickets before the show, but I'm slow like that.

Then out came the Queen of Country!  It was wonderful, she's as beautiful in person as she is on TV and in her photos and her voice, was as true as anything recorded in a studio.  Which, is something I've learned to appreciate, I've been to a few concerts that's sound totally disappointed.


All in all, we had a wonderful time.  We bought matching Reba hoodies (they don't have her face on them because I'm not about to have Reba riding the rack, or in my case coat hanger) and when I get a chance I'll post a photo of us in them together.  We didn't take any last night, due to the whole no cameras thing (which nobody listened too anyways.  We did, because you know that Murphey would show his face and we'd be the only two caught and thrown out) but we will.  If I was 16 I might think twice about matching my Mom but now, as an adult and a mom myself I'm proud to match her. 

Thanks for a great evening Mom!  I had fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH my.... you have a way of bringing me to tears Honey. I had an amazing time with you. Reba was great, but being with you was awesome! You are my little girl and being with you was something that I will treasure for ever. You are right we did cry, laugh and of course sing. I can remember many times singing at the top of our lungs and laughing as you grew up. Now I don't sit beside a little girl any more, I sit beside a woman I am proud to call my daughter. You will always be my best girl friend. It was so good to do mother daughter date with you, for sure we need to do more. I will gladly wear our jackets together and smile remembering the fun we had and the warm sweet hug that ended the evening. Hummm wonder who we can go see next ? ;) Love you Honey. Corey Bethany & Audrey, thank you for letting me borrow her. Love you all
Mom