Friday, August 20, 2010

She's a Mover and a Shaker

The other night, when Cindy and Elanie were sleeping over, I had our girls bunking in together.  It's a first for them sharing a room and while I knew we'd be fine I was slightly nervous as to what would come of it!  We have some friends who's kids share rooms and it's awesome.  We have other friends who's kids share a room and the only thing awesome about it is that when they're crying in the night at least they're in the same room.

This turned out great.  They were thrilled to have some special time together and slept very well, which was a first in a long time.  Needless to say, Mommy was so relieved.

Each evening since AJ was born she stirs and sometimes cries out at 11pm.  I'm not sure what the deal is, most nights she's ok on her own but it's very rare that she skips that 11pm session.  That night was no different, except that rather than let her figure it out, I went to check on her.  The girls were sleeping so well I couldn't stand the thought of Audrey's crying disturbing Bethany.

Anyways, in I went to check on her and found Bethany like this....


Once Audrey was back in her bed, I hauled down the hallway to grab my camera and snapped a quick photo.  I had just finished telling Cindy that B is our mover and shaker at night, and this proved it.  (PS, I didn't turn the light on, my flash was just bright enough)

While I don't necessarily think this particular position is the most desirable, I certainly hope that this weekend brings rest and sleep this deep.  Not just for me but for all of us.  It really blows my mind sometimes how a little extra sleep can make such a huge difference on attitudes, and days.

How about you?  What are you hoping for your weekend?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have company and am looking forward to some more good girl time. My friend has two little ones, a boy and girl, who I haven't seen since Christmas. They have grown so much! Love that picture by the way :)

Laura Marchant said...

My kids want to share a room. I am too afraid.