Sunday, September 20, 2009

Link Lovin'

It's hard to believe that I started this here blog almost 2 years ago. To the "veteran" bloggers of the world that's hardly a drip in their bucket, but to ol' greenhorn here it's a pretty big deal. It's been two years of moving, babies,moving again, more babies, complaining, bragging, sharing and general blabbering. In short - two years of editorial bliss! sigh

*please note these photos have nothing to do with this post and everything to do with how cute my family is*

I love to write, I'm a list writer, a journal keeper, a blogger, a note leaver, a card sender and a day planner (the kind you keep with a pen) user. I buy post it notes because they're awesome and I can write on them, I buy journals because they're pretty and I can write in them, note paper because it's on sale and I can write on it and cards because they're cute and...you guessed it I CAN WRITE ON THEM!

Catch the common theme here?



So it was only natural for me to start a blog because....

Say it with me now - You can write on/in it! (Which is it on or in?)

So, being that I love to write it's only natural that I would love to read. And while I told you about my love of books I neglected to share with you my love of blogs! My lurking (definition: reading a blog and NOT COMMENTING (yes that means you are a lurker) not to be confused with the other kind of lurking which involves peering into the windows of your neighbours while they're doing Jane Fonda's Workout Video. That is not Ok, that is creepy and weird. If that's you - get help.) took me to many a blog and was the catalyst that brought the blog world into our home.



As time has carried on my blog list has increased. My Feed Reader has become more full and more full (or for those of you who don't mind the odd grammatical mistake fuller and fuller). Thanks to my love of lurking but mostly in part due to the fact that some of my other blog buddies link to their buddies and thus link love is shared!

So I'm gonna do you a favor. I'm going to share with you some of my favorite blogs, click the links, go visit my friends (why is it that calling the blog folks you read about and are in essence in their living rooms, kitchens, basically their back pocket - feels weird. Some of these people share more with me on a blog level than my own friends do on a personal level), if you're brave leave them a comment and enjoy.



Not only am I going to share these guys with you I'm going to make a request. If you're here and you haven't said hi, please do! If you have a blog leave me your link so I can go visit you - I promise I will. If you don't have a blog but do have a favorite leave me their link instead - I'm always on the search for another great read.

So here they are, some of my top favorite reads (in no particular order)...

Amanda over at KickyBoots is the first blog I ever read. Actually she may even be the inspiration to why we started this blog (not in that high school girl I'm gonna copy everything you do and be strange about it sort of way. Whatever, you get it.) She's hilarious and one of our real life friends. She and her husband Steve were friends of Corey's long before I came along.

Angella with 2 L's over at Dutch Blitz is another one of my favorite reads. She too is from the funny family (not that her family is funny - she, her writing style is giggle and snort worthy).

Chelsea my sister in law who has a beautiful daughter and DOESN'T BLOG ENOUGH (love ya Chels).

Kami from Kami's Khlopchyk (no I can't say it) is awesome. I love reading about her and her two sweet boys. She's also is a runner, it makes me nauseous that people actually do that - run, for fun. I only run when my daughter is headed for traffic or there's a sale.

Mommy Knows is great too and has a fantabulous giveaway happening right now. You should totally check her out, comment to be entered and then let her know I sent ya.

Niki used to babysit my brother and I 100 years ago (ok so not that long but some days it feels like it). She now has 3 beautiful children and a great husband. She too is one of the crazies who run gag!

Rachel from Rowdy Rhinos has 3 boys, she's relatively new to my blog list but she's great, go see for yourself.

Kristina's a local yocal here in The Wack. She doesn't blog often because ahem she has a life but when she does it's worth the read.

Bethany from Bethany Actually is actually great. She's wonder mom, her daughter Annalie is a star as far as my Bethany is concerned (we've watched the videos of her waaaay to many times), she does pottery and dottery and bakes things I only buy in a bakery. And hello - here names pretty neat too.

Brenda from Secret Agent Josephine is another favorite around here. Totally hilarious, major crafter/inspirer we've copied more than 1 of her crafts and is mother to Baby Bug, one of the other bloggy stars in this house.

Jen Momma to two beauties and another cooking wizard.

There are more but quite frankly I can't link any more. There's lots of love but not as much patience (Bethany is trying desperately to get me to get her a snack. Pft go figure kids need food!)




Anyways, hope you enjoy the read. If this was fun then share the love. Link back here and share with your readers some of your favorite reads. And remember delurking is good! Peeping Tomming is Bad.





Happy Sunday!

10 comments:

Karie said...

Hi Ashley... I was here.... no kidding ey? I have smiled.. cried... laughed... 'n been in awe while reading your blogs... I am so grateful for the opportunity to watch your family grow... Thank you for taking the time to blog... you are an inspiration!!!

kim @ mommyknows.com said...

Great minds must think alike, most of your favorites are on my list of fav's too.

Your girls are so gorgeous. I can't believe how big they are getting.

Thanks for the link love!

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
I do so cherish your writing in your blog, as often it is my only link to you, my son, and my granddaughters. I can't thank you enough for this. I love and miss you all so much, Mom Kimmie

Why am I here??? said...

I'm a lurker.......and I adore your blog. So I'm leaving my mark!

Always look forward to your family updates and adorable pictures of your girls!

Anonymous said...

Your Blog is a source of great fun and great writing. You have always been good at putting smiles on people's faces and writing a good story. Keep up the good work.
Love Mom / Grammy

Angella said...

Aw, thanks for the shout out and the kind words. You are a sweet, sweet girl :)

Happy Blogiversary!!

The Smith's said...

I am a gentle blog lurker... But I have left my mark here at least once before. Thank you for sharing your life and your journey with the rest of us lurkers out there.

Jen said...

Aw! Thanks. So kind of you.

I can't believe you've only been blogging two years. I feel like I've been reading for far longer than that.

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

I am so behind, what a bad bloggy friend I have been!

It's Clopchick - now you know but I need to know how you have been saying it! hee hee ;) Maybe a video?

Kidding!

Happy Blogiversary! Keep on writing!

Unknown said...

Hi Ashley, it has been FOREVER since I met you at Pharmasave (I remember you and the post its :). I have enjoyed seeing you and your beautiful family on here. I loved reading your blog! So good to see you xoxo
Angel